I have started to collect some resources about Augmented Reality tools and projects and thought the information was worth sharing.
A great blog I came across is titled Engage Their Minds and has lots of tutorials for Aurasma and other information and guidance about using Augmented Reality.
I have also been collaborating with a developer based in Bangalore, Aruna Sankaranarayanan on a project titled Look Both Ways, and we have compiled this list of projects and tools – it keeps growing!!
- Sound Sky http://soundsky.org/
- How to create your own augmented reality app: http://youtu.be/xh2Ev4kukA0
- Roundware http://www.roundware.org/
- Unity Game Engine: http://unity3d.com/ free for 30 days
- Vuforia: https://developer.vuforia.com/resources/sdk/unity
- Aurasma: www.aurasma.com
- Mixare http://www.mixare.org/
- Wikitude http://www.wikitude.com/
- Cybertracker http://www.cybertracker.org/
- AR Toolkit http://sourceforge.net/projects/artoolkit/
- Droid AR http://bitstars.github.io/droidar/
- MXR toolkit http://mxrtoolkit.sourceforge.net/
- Zappar http://www.zappar.com/about/
We would love to know about any other tools that people are using. Our preference is for FOSS and device independent tools, as our aim is to be as audience-inclusive as possible.