Yuma and G’day 🙂
I’m an interdisciplinary artist, scholar and founder of Treecreate
My PhD from the Australian National University explored social activism and the relationships between online and offline communities. I am now studying a research Masters of Applied Science at the University of Canberra, focusing on energy vulnerability and behaviour change.
As an academic, I have lectured at universities in Australia, New Zealand and Norway and hold visiting research positions at the Institute of Applied Ecology | Centre for Creative and Cultural Research at University of Canberra and the More than Human Lab at Victoria University, Wellington, NZ.
As a policy and program leader I have over 15 years experience with government and community based environmental programs aimed at citizen engagement and behaviour change.
I am passionate about joined up thinking through connecting art, science and culture to empower people to value and protect the environment through creativity and practical action. Collaboration is central to my practice and I work across a broad range of networks, including:
- Trustee at Intercreate
- Founder at Treecreate and TransArts Alliance
- Strategic Member, Group of Energy Efficiency Researchers (GEER)
- Advisor at Trans Arts Institute
- Expert at Australian Academy of Science (citizen engagement and behaviour change).
I also am a member of a number of arts and science organisations:
- Member, International Association of Arts Critics
- Member, Immersive Learning Research Network
- Member, Nordic 5 Arts
- Member, Canberra Contemporary Art Space
- Member, Women Eco Arts Dialog
Keep up to date News and Events
In conversation at Groundworks
Recent chapter on Indigenous Art, Resilience and Climate Change: Australia, Aotearoa New Zealand and Samoa (Routledge)
For a longer biography with links to my resume, check out my About page